Bennelong Australian Equity Partners (BAEP) is launching a new fund, the Bennelong Emerging Companies Fund. It will be open to both retail and wholesale investors in September this year.
The new fund will invest predominantly in micro and small capitalisation stocks listed on the ASX. It will be managed with the same investment approach that is behind the success of BAEP’s existing Australian equity funds.
BAEP has also recruited Josh Clark to work with the existing investment team in its management of the new fund. The team will continue to be led by Mark East.
Josh Clark was previously an analyst at Ausbil Investment Management for five years, and worked exclusively for the microcaps team for the past three years.
BAEP’s chief investment officer, Mark East, said, “After some time looking for the perfect fit, we are fortunate to have been able to recruit Josh. We believe his experience in the microcap space complements that of the existing team, particularly as we come to manage the new microcaps fund.”
Investment director, Julian Beaumont, said, “The Bennelong Emerging Companies Fund represents a natural extension of BAEP’s current offering to clients. In some respects, the new microcap fund will also support our existing funds. For example, it is likely to mean we discover up and coming opportunities, some of which may grow their way into a size suitable for investment in the larger-cap funds.
“We have been considering the possibility of a microcap fund for some time and being able to recruit Josh, with his specialist expertise in the microcap space, now gives us the final piece in the jigsaw. We believe we have the right team to make a success of the new microcap fund.”
The key features of the Bennelong Emerging Companies Fund include:
- offers exposure to micro and small cap stocks listed on the ASX. Compared to larger caps, these stocks can offer more exciting growth prospects and are often less well known and researched;
- to be managed by the successful BAEP investment team, complemented with recently recruited specialist expertise;
- utilises the team’s existing knowledge of micro and small cap companies, gained as part of its ongoing sector-wide research and analysis;
- reflects BAEP’s historical success investing in emerging companies, including pre-IPO companies; and
- leverages the benefits that come with a firm with approximately $6 billion of funds under management*, into a microcap offering.
Further details about the new fund will be made available closer to its launch.
*As at 3 July 2017
Back to latest media releases